Pain medications are the most common type of drugs ordered online. With millions of Americans suffering from various kinds of pain, pain meds sell like hot cakes in the U.S. There are medications for all sorts of pain – from acute to chronic to mild or short term pain. However, painkillers cannot be ordered without prescriptions, except if they are over the counter drugs.
The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) of the United States has ordered thousands of online pharmacies to shut down on account of their illegal practices. With all such legal issues, buying a pain reliever is not an easy job. It can cost you your life if you are not careful in checking the dosage, monograph (or package insert) and composition information on the drugs. Do not buy narcotics online as they can be very dangerous if carelessly taken with other medications. It can be a Federal crime if you order drugs Codeine, Tylenol 3, Demerol, Percodan, Oxycontin and a few others without prescription. So, the thumb rule with buying pain medications is – consult with your physician.
There are a few very common low-risk pain meds you can order online:
1. Tramadol or Ultram: Very common online drug. This relieves moderate to severe chronic pain by binding the opiod receptors on nerves. Though this works just like narcotics, it has a far lower potential for dependency and hence can be harmless to the patient. A legally-approved drug, Tramadol is anti-inflammatory and does not cause stomach ulceration or internal bleeding. It is relatively risk free and is often prescribed for fibromyalgia, shingles and other chronic conditions.
2. Fioricet or Butalbital: This drug is a combination of acetaminophen, caffeine and butalbital. Highly effective for tension headache, Fioricet soothes you by relaxing the muscles in the head and neck that tighten during headaches. This is a trouble-free drug with minimum to no side effects.
3. Celebrex or Celecoxib: A common drug for arthritis. It treats pain, stiffness, swelling and inflammation in joints. A non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drug, relieves pain by blocking the production of prostaglandins in the body.
4. Ultracet: A combination drug, Ultracet combines acetaminophen and Tramadol. Taking Ultracet relieves moderate to severe acute pain for a short term period of 5 days. This is useful in surgery and is prescribed for relief from post-surgical pain, especially pain after dental procedures.
5. Carisoprodol or Soma: A muscle relaxant, Soma blocks electrical signals to the nerves in the reticular formation of the brain and in the spinal cord. This drug is prescribed for short term pain relief during painful muscle conditions like muscle spasms. During muscle spasms, your muscles tighten and do not relax, causing back strains and several other muscle related ailments. Soma is a cure for all that. With minimal side-effects, Soma is common among people with muscle related pain or ailment.
These pain-relief medications are available for lower prices at online drugstores. But you need have a prescription from a licensed physician to buy them from a reputed pharmacy. If a pharmacy offers these drugs without prescription understand that the pharmacy is a counterfeit one and your package may not be delivered or you may become a victim of online scam. The golden rule is to buy only from FDA or other regulatory body approved pharmacies. Always.