Online pharmacy reviews sites exist with the sole purpose of helping buyers measure and compare online pharmacies. They review online pharmacies, providing complete information on each and every aspect of a pharmacy – including a pharmacy’s practices, its license and legal issues, reputation, customer service, online transaction efficiency, delivery speed, authenticity and the quality of medications it dispenses to customers etc.
Pharmacy reviews are definitely great resources to choose the best pharmacy out there. However you need to check if the review site you are relying on is authentic and not sponsored by pharmacies. Sometimes pharmacies can run review sites which talk high of themselves and their partners. So counter-check the review site before you trust it completely. Here are a few things pharmacy review sites can provide you about any pharmacy:
1. License and legality: A review site will tell you about the accreditations of a pharmacy – FDA recognition, VIPPS seal, or approval from other regulatory bodies (in case of foreign pharmacies). Some online pharmacies do not dispense drugs through licensed pharmacies and may buy illegal drugs from abroad. A review site can point out this if it has suspicion about a pharmacy’s whereabouts.
2. Safety Issues: A review site can tell if the drugs dispensed by pharmacies are safe or unsafe. It can make judgments on how safe it is to buy from a pharmacy by buying sample drugs from the pharmacy or through customer review surveys.
3. Physical Location: A review site can let you know the exact physical location, address and phone number of a pharmacy. If a particular online pharmacy has given a fake address on its site, a review site will be able to point out that too.
4. Prices and additional fees: You can get to know the price range of products in a pharmacy through review sites. At one glance, you will know if you can afford buying from a particular pharmacy or not. You will also get to know if the pharmacy levies any additional fee or extra charges. Change in prices are also be updated regularly.
5. Ease of use: Review sites measure even the ease of use of a pharmacy site. They rate a pharmacy based on a website’s navigability and usability features. This can be useful for senior citizens some of whom are well-versed in computers.
6. Payments, transactions security: A review site will pinpoint on the transaction processes in a pharmacy and tell you how safe the credit card processing is. This is a must, else, you can be victimized by credit card scammers.
7. Personal Data: When you use an online pharmacy, you share all your personal records with it. This includes name, age, address, email id, telephone number and also prescription history. Some pharmacies sell this information to a third party retailer who may distribute it to fake pharmacies. These fake pharmacies can use your information to send/make promotional offers, mailers and sales calls to you. In a period of time, you can become the target of their advertising and promotions. Review sites tell you how safe your personal information is with a particular pharmacy.
8. Customer Service: Review sites give detailed information on the customer service and support teams of pharmacies. They tell you how fast a pharmacy responds to your query or email. They report the overall efficiency of a pharmacy’s customer support team.
9. Delivery Period: How long does it take for a particular pharmacy to deliver your item? How does a pharmacy react to delivery failures and what does it do in case of lost packages? Does it replace with a new package or blame it on the mail carrier? How many delivery failure cases are reported against the pharmacy every year? Pharmacy review sites will give ample information on this.
10. Special services: Some pharmacies like CVS and Walgreens offer special services like photo printing. A review site will list out all the extra and value-added services offered by a pharmacy.
11. Rating system: Pharmacy review sites normally have a rating system based on which they rate pharmacies for their efficiency and customer service. A pharmacy’s overall and individual services rating can guide you in choosing the best pharmacy.