Obesity has become the curse of the modern generation. With junk food, fast-paced lifestyles and technological advancements, weight gain is the order of the day and more than half the Americans are victims to it. Reducing your body weight can be a pain as you need to follow a routine of hard-to-crack exercise regime, low-calories diet combined with a series of weight loss pills. Xenical is a miracle drug and a favorite of many weight loss advocates. With the FDA announcement of Xenical as an over-the-counter drug, many have taken to it and benefited from weight loss.
How does Xenical work? Does Xenical really reduce weight or is it just like one of the drugs that fails to perform? Xenical works. It is a weight maintenance pill that controls fat absorption into the body. It controls the enzymes that breakdown fat and absorb it into the body. The undigested fat flows through the anus as liquid fat. About one third of the fat consumed by the body goes in this manner, reducing weight in an easy and hands-down way.
Xenical against obesity – Pros, flip sides, dosing: With Xenical you can engage in what is called guilt-free eating. No more of calorie-conscious diets or stringent exercise regime. Though Xenical is a wonder drug, there are many pros and cons to it:
1. Xenical is a great way to treat obesity in people with high-risk factors and health conditions – diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and triglycerides
2. Xenical should be used with reduced-calorie diet to make it work effectively. A high fatty diet may prove ineffective and hence, one should not look for drug- only therapy.
3. A maximum of 3 doses can be taken per day. That is, a dose or pill per meal. The drug should be taken one hour after every meal to allow action on fat-absorbing enzymes. 4. Xenical or Orlistat should be taken exactly as directed on the label. Though it is an OTC drug, it is better to consult your doctor as the drug can have serious symptoms/side effects with certain people.
5. Xenical removes about one third of the fat in your diet. For instance, if you take about 1200 calories a day, almost 360 of them will be removed as liquid fat from your body.
Though Xenical has several advantages as a weight loss pill, there are many flip sides to the drug too. These include:
6. Xenical can cause oily or fatty stools. Sometimes oily spotting or orange or brown colored oil maybe in your stools. Gas with oily discharge can also be a recurring side effect.
7. Another disadvantage is inability to control bowel movements. Sudden urges to go the toilet can be very embarrassing if one is in an important discussion or amidst several people.
8. Other common side effects include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, rectal pain and stomach pain.
9. Xenical can even cause problems with teeth and gums, leading to gum bleeding. Sometimes fever, chills, cough and cold also occur.
10. Headache, back pain, sore throat and flu symptoms are a few other side effects.
11. Xenical can prove be dangerous if taken with other weight loss pills, insulin or diabetes pills, digoxin, warfarin, cyclosporine etc.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.