Being diagnosed with genital herpes can hurt you. Added to this is the real pain of the herpes blisters in your genital area. Sometimes an initial herpes outbreak can be very traumatic. This is because you need to avoid certain things like sex and intimate physical contact with anyone, added to the pain of treating the incurable herpes virus. It has been found out that about one of eight North Americans have genital herpes. Of the eight, only five know that they have herpes, while the others live in oblivion about the condition, spreading it to every other partner they relate to.
Genital Herpes – The pain factor: Genital herpes is contagious. A person who has the virus can spread it to his or her partner without having any symptom of infection (in the form blisters) in the body. Sometimes, genital herpes looks just like poison ivy and disappears after one to six weeks of the first outbreak. Since the virus cannot be eliminated from the body, most people get recurrent attacks of herpes in the same place. Only a lucky few are spared after the first outbreak.
Genital Herpes – Diagnosis and cure: Diagnosis of genital herpes is possible only if there is a culture done on the wet blisters. Even if one is not sexually active, it is better to undergo genital herpes test as it would reduce the pain caused by the blisters.Once you are diagnosed with genital herpes, understand that there is no cure for you. Realize and accept fully that you are a herpes carrier and the virus cannot be eliminated from your system for life. However, you can be treated and the blisters that show up from time to time can be cured by intake of drugs or pain relievers. This is where Valtrex can help you.
Valtrex for herpes cure: Valtrex or valacyclovir is an anti-viral drug used in the treatment of the herpes virus. It works by stopping the growth of the virus cells and spread of further infection. The drug is also used in the treatment of cold sores, shingles and chicken pox. Valtrex should not be taken if you have HIV or other STDs, kidney disorders or have had bone marrow transplant in the past. The drug can be taken one or two days after start of the symptoms. Since dosage can vary depending on whether it is a first outbreak or a recurrent one, you need to consult your doctor. Take each dose with a glass of water.
Ways to reduce pain: Genital herpes can be extremely painful even if you take Valtrex, because it takes time for an antiviral to work its way through your system and treat your infection. This may take days and you may be totally devastated in pain by then. Here are a few ways to alleviate the pain caused by herpes blisters:
1. Take frequent lukewarm baths and dry out the blister-area completely. Quicker healing is possible only if you keep the area dry. So no harm in trying even a blow dryer.
2. Avoid itch creams unless suggested by your doctor. Some creams have steroids which can aggravate your pain.
3. Do not wear tight-fitting undergarments. Use boxer shorts or cut off sweat pants to let as much air in the infected area.
4. Females who find it difficult to urinate, pass over a tube of water over your genitalia when you urinate. This can dilute the acidity of your urine and relieve you from the pain it may cause passing through your blisters.
5. Drink plenty of water to minimize the acid content in your body and of course, urine.
6. Avoid sex with multiple partners to prevent yourself from herpes infections. If you are detected with the condition, take all precautions to avoid transmitting the infection to your partner.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.