Tramadol is eulogized by all and sundry as a wonder drug for relieving moderate to severe pain. A narcotic-like pain reliever, it is used by many for alleviating painful conditions. Tramadol extended-release is used to relieve acute pain round the clock. Though Tramadol is available all over the internet, you should adopt to certain must-follow tips to avoid serious side effects or critical conditions while taking Tramadol.
1. Do not take Tramadol if you are an addict: If you are an addict of drugs, alcohol or other such substances, do not take Tramadol without consulting your doctor. You should not take Tramadol if you have taken the following previously – alcohol, sedatives, other pain-killers, tranquilizers, anti-depressants, medications for anxiety, mental sickness, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. Don’t take the drug if you have had street drugs or illegal medications.
2. Avoid risk of seizures: Seizures or convulsions have occurred in people who have a history of drug or alcohol addiction, previous seizures, injuries, metabolic disorders etc. Do not take the drug if you are taking medications for vomiting, nausea, muscle relaxation or depression. Talk to your doctor in cases like these and get his advice before you buy the drug.
3. Are you allergic to drugs? If yes, tell your doctor in advance about it. Some are allergic to the penicillin family of drugs while some cannot stand certain anti-depressants. If you are one of them, tell your doctor about your allergies and get Tramadol cleared out of this category.
4. Discuss about your other ailments: This is a must as Tramadol can be fatal to people who have ailments that concern the kidney or the liver. If you have or have had kidney or liver diseases or stomach disorders or a history of depression, mental illness or suicidal tendencies, inform your doctor about them beforehand. Tramadol should not evoke such tendencies in you, again.
5. Take Tramadol as a whole: Do not split the pill or powder it. If you are not the swallowing type, ask your doctor for a different medication. It is not safe to split or powder Tramadol tablet as it can result in improper distribution of the drug. If you plan to powder the tablet and inhale it or inject it, don’t ever do it. Injecting or inhaling can lead to life-threatening situations. For safety’s sake, consume the pill as a whole unless otherwise suggested by your doctor.
6. Overdose treatment: An overdose of Tramadol can be fatal. It can lead to shortness of breath, drowsiness, shallow breathing, slow heartbeat, weakness, clammy skin, lightheadedness, nausea or fainting. Sometimes it can even result in coma. Rush to an emergency center if you suspect an overdose.
7. Know your side effects: It is always better to know the side effects of the medication as it can help us distinguish side effects from other health conditions. Seizures, redness, blisters, rashes, shallow breathing, low pulse, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, blurred vision and insomnia are some of the side effects.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.