Muscles are complex parts of the body system. There are several types of muscles of which the major kind include skeletal muscles, cardiac muscles and smooth tissues. A muscle spasm or cramp is caused when there is an involuntary movement or contraction of a muscle. Since spasms occur suddenly adequate care should be taken to alleviate the pain caused by them. Muscle relaxant work wonders on muscle spams. Flexeril is a common muscle relaxant used by people to treat cramps in the back, shoulders, lower abdomen area, legs and almost every other part of the body.
Flexeril for muscle spasms: A muscle relaxant, Flexeril or cyclobenzaprine works by stopping the pain sensations from reaching the body. Since this does not cure the symptoms completely, Flexeril is only used sparingly, especially in alleviating immediate pain in an individual. It works well when combined with physical therapy and rest than when taken alone. The drug also treats a condition called restless leg syndrome.
Using Flexeril can mean easy relief from pain, but this is easier said than done as there can trouble along the way. Here are a few effective ways of using the drug to serve your purposes:
1. Consult your doctor: A must if you have frequent muscle spasms. Some say that muscle relaxants can be bought online and you can treat the body without help from any doctor. This is wrong. Muscle relaxants, like other drugs, have a lot of side effects and drug interactions. So, make an appointment with a doctor (who specializes in skeletal muscle conditions) to know whether Flexeril is suitable for you.
2. Drug’s literature: Even if your doctor prescribes you Flexeril, check the literature of the drug before you proceed further. Do not take the drug if you have a history of heart attacks, congestive heart failure, enlarged prostrate, glaucoma, liver and kidney disorders along with thyroid or urination problems. The drug can be transferred from a pregnant mother to the unborn child. It also passes on through breast milk. So, avoid using the drug while you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
3. Drug interactions: This is important as muscle relaxants can have negative side effects while interacting with other drugs. MAO inhibitors can cause violent reactions in a patient. These reactions can range anything from seizures to high temperatures and blood pressures. Also, those who are taking barbiturates, narcotics and benzodiazepines should not take the drug as Flexeril can aggravate the action of the other drugs.
4. Be aware of side effects: Get to know the side effects of Flexeril from all possible sources – your doctor, fellow patient, online and drug literature. Some common side effects of the medication include, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, nausea or fatigue. Do not take alcohol with Flexeril as it can intensify the dizzy effect. Fainting, vomiting and diarrhea are some other side effects of the drug.
5. Addiction factor: Muscle relaxants can be addictive if you use them for a long term and Flexeril is no exception. So, take the drug sparingly, as instructed by your doctor. Also, call emergency if you have symptoms or serious side effects like breathing difficulty, loss of consciousness and rashes or swelling.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.