There are several effective treatments for depression and anxiety disorders these days. Though not all of them are successful, many of them are, thanks to FDA regulations and research done on the causes behind depression or anxiety. Paxil or paroxetine is one of the most common antidepressants used in the treatment of anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive disorders, bipolar disorders and depression symptoms. Like all other drugs, Paxil has its own set of side effects and withdrawal symptoms. Coping with Paxil’s aftermath is tough. But you can make through it if you know a few tips.
Paxil as a SSRI antidepressant: Paxil, like most of the antidepressants, is a Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI). It works by balancing the serotonin chemical in the brain. Since this chemical is said to induce a happy or peaceful mood, inhibiting its re-uptake by the nerve cells result in presence of more serotonin and thereby, a more balanced mental state.
Coping with Paxil: Paxil side effects can be severe in some people. There are several law suits against the manufacturer owing to the acute withdrawal symptoms that people experience on quitting the drug. Here are a few tips to cope with Paxil’s aftermaths:
1. Coping with weight gain: Weight gain is a common complaint of Paxil users. If you suffer from it, take Omega 3 capsules or any other leptin-producing capsule as per your physician’s instructions. Since Paxil inhibits the production of leptin, an enzyme that helps in metabolism (which in turn reduces body fat), taking Omega can help to regulate your body’s metabolism.
2. Limit alcohol intake: Or better, avoid it completely. Alcohol can aggravate your depression symptoms and can make you more lethargic and sober. It can also induce drowsiness and push you into a state of further depression. Sometimes, it can aggravate the side effects. So, avoid too much alcohol intake while taking Paxil.
3. Eat healthy: Another important factor that can reduce side effects like nausea, indigestion or weight gain. When you eat healthy snacks instead of junk food, you avoid weight gain and in fact, keep your metabolism running. This also helps by giving strength to your body while in the prescription of heavy drugs like Paxil.
4. Exercise daily: This is one of the best therapies to be accompanied along with oral anti-depression treatment. When you exercise regularly, you not only regularize your body metabolism, you also keep yourself fit and proper against other diseases. By getting in fresh air and sunlight, you also alleviate some of your depression symptoms.
5. Plan for withdrawal: Withdrawal is not easy – remember this. Withdrawal is never easy with Paxil and hence you should plan for it in advance along with your doctor. If you fail to do this, you may end being depressed even after depression treatment. Paxil has a strong potential to make anyone addictive to it. If you need to come out of it, you need to find other supplements/substitutes. Doctors can advise you on this by asking you to take various other supplements before and during the withdrawal period.
6. Inform about other drugs you use: It is better to inform your doctor about the other drugs you take – including drugs, over the counter medications, vitamins and herbal supplements. This is because Paxil has strong drug interactions which can intensify your side effects.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.