There are about a hundred antidepressants available in the medical industry. With so many of them, doctors and patients are spoilt for choice even when it comes to treating a less-serious disorder like General Anxiety Disorder (GAD) or Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD). The drugs vary from SSRIs (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors), SNRIs (Serotonin Nonrepinephrine Reputake Inhibitors) to MAOIs (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors) and tricyclic antidepressants. With so many antidepressants crowding the market, the choice is based on what is effective for you as a patient.
Remeron is an antidepressant with a difference. Belonging to the tetracycline family of antidepressants, it functions better than its competitors with lesser and milder side effects.
What makes Remeron different? Remeron works by affecting the chemicals in the brain that cause imbalance and depression. It increases the activity of serotonin and norepinephrine to elevate mood and drive off depression. You may say that all the antidepressants may do the same. So, what makes Remeron different?
1. Tetracycline Antidepressant: Remeron is a tetracycline antidepressant. Though many doctors start off depression treatment with SSRI drugs, some people can react very badly to such treatment. This is when psychiatrists start with tetracycline antidepressants.
2. No interference with libido: Remeron does not interfere with libido or sexual functions. Some antidepressants can affect sexual functions to a phenomenal extent – they can obstruct erection in men and prevent women from experiencing orgasms. Remeron does not affect a man or woman’s sexual drive in anyway.
3. Withdrawal symptoms: Remeron does not cause painful withdrawal symptoms like other antidepressants. Though withdrawal from any antidepressant is difficult, it can be a bit easy with Remeron. No need to sweat your way through severe routines or year long supplements, a simple withdrawal plan works well.
4. Tolerance: Sometimes one can build tolerance to a drug. One is said to be tolerant to a drug when the drug does not have any effect on the person. For instance, if you have been taking 15 mg of Remeron for 3 months and start with 40 mg the fourth month, you may build tolerance for 15 mg dose. Your body will respond only if you take 40 mg or more. Remeron is known to create tolerance in patients. Though Remeron withdrawal does not take time, clearance of Remeron tolerance takes time.
5. Side effects are milder: Compared to other SNRIs and SSRIs, side effects are mild to moderate in Remeron. Patients experience only a feeling of sickness and heavy drowsiness. Though there is a general feeling of unease, chills, body aches, nausea, stomach pain, constipation, dry mouth and thirst, you do not experience any kind of aggressiveness, agitation or offensive feeling. Negative thoughts or suicidal tendencies are completely out of context.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.