Anxiety disorders are a common and ongoing occurrence with over 40 million adults in the United States. The FDA has approved certain drugs to treat the physical symptoms of anxiety or what is called General Anxiety Disorder (GAD). These drugs – Xanax, Buspar, Klonopin etc. – are not potentially dangerous but can make one dependent and addictive to them if not taken properly. If you or a loved one has anxiety disorder and you want to administer them with medication, Buspar will the best bet.
What is Buspar? Buspar is an anxiolytic that works primarily on the 5HT-1A receptor as a partial agonist. The drug is an alternative to benzodiazepines for treating general alternative disorder (GAD). Buspar acts on the chemicals in your brain (the serotonin levels) to treat physical symptoms like muscle tension associated with anxiety disorder. The drug treats symptoms of anxiety such as fear, tension, irritability, dizziness, pounding heartbeat and physical symptoms. Buspar also does not potentiate the CNS depression and hence, is useful for alcoholics.
Since Buspar controls the chemicals in the body, its side effects are similar to those of the excessive effects of serotonin. Here are few ways in which you can deal with side effects of Buspar:
1. Dizziness: Dizziness is a common symptom which disappears after cessation of the medication. To gain immediate effects out of dizziness, hydrate yourself with fluids that will help maintain adequate blood volumes in the body. Increased consumption of fluids can also help the kidney in clearing the medication out of the body.
2. Nausea: Since Buspar is an oral medication, it can cause nausea and vomiting. Patients can, however, cure this with anti-emitic such as Bismuth subsalicylate or antihistamines.
3. Headache: Buspar can cause headache in the body. A patient can deal with side effect by taking NSAIDs such as Advil or Tylenol. However, see to it that you do not take too much of these medications as you can develop immunity to the drugs.
4. Nervousness: From anxiety you can move to nervousness. Yes, Buspar can sometimes cause nervousness in an individual and that can lead to serious physical symptoms if untreated.
5. Common side effects: Buspar can cause common side effects like stomach upsets, sleeping problems, diarrhea and other disorders. Decreased concentration is also a possible side effect. If you get the side effects in treating GAD, try to dilate the confusion with mint tea or green tea with honey. Unlike caffeine, green tea is good for health and also helps clear the nervousness that you may experience.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.