Pain management, in the modern days, has evolved into a whole industry comprising of variety of medications and therapies. Chronic pain is no more a curse on the sufferer as it can be reduced or eliminated by many drugs and over the counter remedies. Arthritis, a disease that is synonymous with pain, is a common ailment among Americans. The disorder can cause moderate to acute pain, which can upset the daily routine of patients.
Naprosyn for arthritis pain: Naprosyn is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) used to treat certain types of arthritis like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis etc. The drug is highly effective in treatment of pain since its approval by the FDA in 1994. The drug, now available over the counter, is available as enteric-coated tablet, extended-release tablet and liquid suspension to be taken orally. The drug relieves arthritis patients of inflammation, stiffness and pain. Things you need to know: Naprosyn is hugely popular among arthritis patients. If you or a loved one is inflicted with arthritis, Naprosyn maybe of help. However, it is better for you to consult your doctor because Naprosyn can be detrimental if taken without medical advice. Here are a few things you need to know about Naprosyn:
1. How does Naprosyn work? Naprosyn, a COX1 and COX2 inhibitor, slows down the production of prostaglandins and relieves one of pain and swelling. The drug dissolves in the protein structures of tissues and metabolizes in the liver. This is why anyone having liver disorders is advised not to use the drug.
2. Types of Naprosyn: The drug can be brought in a pure form or as a mixture of drugs like Naprelan, Proxen, Anaprox, Naprogesic, Miranax, Synflex and Aleve. Before taking the drug as a mixture, you need to get help from your pharmacist. The drug, together as a mixture, is used to treat other conditions like tendinitis, bursitis, gout and even menstrual cramps.
3. Risks of Naprosyn: There are situations when Naprosyn can be life-threatening. The drug can cause drug and circulation problems, including heart attack and stroke. If you have had a heart attack or bypass surgery or coronary artery bypass graft, you need to be cautious while using Naprosyn. Better if you avoid taking Naprosyn.
4. Naprosyn side effects: Naprosyn can cause side effects like heart circulation problems, chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, blurred speech, vision problems and balance. The drug can also affect the stomach, the intestines and the liver (since it metabolizes in the liver). Adults have serious side effects related to gastrointestinal problems.
5. Drug interactions: Certain drugs like Aspirin, ACE inhibitors, blood-thinning medications, lithium, methotrexate etc. should not be taken with Naprosyn. Some of the common side effects associated with the drug include, mild heartburn, stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation, skin itching, pain, dizziness, headache and bloating.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.