Scabies is one of the worst skin conditions that can affect any individual. Millions are affected by the infection all over the world as it spreads without notice, through personal skin contact. Since scabies cannot be differentiated from other itching or skin rashes (unless discovered through microscopic examination), the infection spreads fast, without the awareness of the infected. The discomfort caused by the disease is unbearable and cannot be controlled by any other medication except scabicidal drugs like elimite or eurax.
Eurax as scabies-killer: Eurax is a scabicide that kills the scabies mites and reduces further infection outbreaks. It also treats the itching caused by mites, gradually reducing the redness of the infected skin area. There are several do’s and don’ts with regard to eurax application for scabies infection. Some of them are:
1. Don’t use the cream without consultation from a doctor. You maybe allergic to the ingredients present in the cream. Some of the active ingredients include, carbomer-934, fragrance, cetyl alcohol, diazolidinylurea, methylisothiazolinone, dimethicone, laureth-23, magnesium aluminum silicate, magnesium nitrate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, petrolatum, propylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, sodium hydroxide, steareth-2 and water.
2. Don’t use the cream by mouth or use it more than recommended. Oral intake can cause severe conditions like diarrhea or vomiting.
3. Don’t apply the cream on sensitive areas of the body like eyes, mouth or nose.
4. Don’t apply Eurax on vaginal opening, any open wounds or around the face or mouth.
5. Don’t use Eurax before cleaning your body with a shower. An ideal application method is this: Bathe, wipe your body completely and then start the application process. Start with the area under the chin. Do an even, thick coating and then slowly move on to other areas. Apply well in infected areas like under breasts, groin area and between fingers and toes. Keep the coating for 24 hours and then, reapply the cream the same time. Wait for another 24 hours before you wash off the two doses of coating.
6. Don’t store eurax in direct heat and light. Best storage happens when you choose a warm place with less moisture. Avoid freezing the cream.
7. Don’t keep the cream near the reach of children and do not let them apply the drug on their faces or mouth. If this happens, contact poison control immediately.
8. Don’t use the same package if you are done with two doses. If you want to be cheap on money, contact your doctor to know if it is safe to continue using the same packet for more than two dosages.
Precaution and safety
9. Don’t leave out anyone in the family who is suspected of an infection. Treat them with the cream. However, use a separate package for them to avoid further outbreak or spreading.
10. Don’t take the side effects lightly. Though eurax does not cause severe side effects, it is better if you consult your doctor in case of side effects like skin burning, hives, swelling of the face, mouth, lips and tongue, severe itching or skin irritation.
11. Do not fail to contact emergency medical help if you have difficulty breathing or experience swelling in your vocal cords. Accidental ingest of eurax cream in non-infected or sensitive area too needs immediate attention.
12. Don’t use eurax if you are pregnant or nursing or breastfeeding. The drug can be passed on through breast milk and can also infect an unborn baby. So, don’t fail to consult your doctor in these cases.
13. Do not fail to treat your environment before you start the application process. Use a strong cleansing agent in hot water to wash of the mites that may live in your bed linens, pillows, hair brushes, clothing, hats, combs etc.
14. Don’t buy eurax over the counter from an online pharmacy without prior doctor consultation. Not many scabicidal medications are available as OTC drugs. So, if a pharmacy tries to fool you into taking a drug, beware of its consequences.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.