Depression hurts. It hurts more if the cure for depression also hurts. Yes, there are antidepressants that hurt people as much as depression. Many drugs prescribed for depression end up hurting the person who takes it studiously for a long term. Withdrawal from such drugs are episodes of hurt, pain and suffering. Most of the people refrain from antidepressants considering the acute withdrawal symptoms they inflict on patients.
Cymbalta for Depression: Cymbalta or duloxetine is an antidepressant in the category of drugs called Selective Serotonin and Norepinephrin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSNRIs) which affect the serotonin levels in the brain to restore balance and reduce mood swings, anxiety, nerve pain etc. Cymbalta is taken in treatment of major depression and general anxiety disorder. Recently the manufacturer of the drug got approval from FDA to use it in treatment of chronic pain disorder and conditions like fibromyalgia and diabetic neuropathy. The drug is quite effective in treatment of depression, but it does have a few hiccups. Though Cymbalta reduces nerve pain and reduces depressive thoughts, it inflicts the worst pain when people elect to withdraw from it.
Cymbalta – withdrawal: Withdrawal is not easy with any antidepressant and Cymbalta is no exception. A patient who has been taking the drug for long term may suffer from acute withdrawal symptoms like the following:
1. Brain zaps: No one on the earth can understand brain zaps until he or she experiences it. A brain zap is a sudden, electric sensation in the brain that zaps the whole thinking process and pushes one into a state of unconsciousness for a moment. It is a stinging sensation that shocks the individual for a brief period of time. Brain zaps happen several times in a day. They can be fatal if one is engaged in high-alert work like driving, operating heavy machinery or nursing children.
2. Trouble till next dosage: Cymbalta starts its action soon after it is administered. It does not take more than 45 minutes for the patient to feel relieved from a tight mental state. But trouble starts early too. The medication’s effect wanes off soon, leaving you struggling till the next dosage. This is because, the body craves for the drug once more. So, when you are going through a withdrawal period, you will have to put up with this craving for medication.
3. Severe fatigue: When withdrawing from Cymbalta, one experiences severe levels of fatigue. A general lack of concentration prevails, making every activity of the patient dull and lifeless. Pain is also a common withdrawal symptom. The patient experiences pain during urination, headaches, body pain and other kind of physical side effects while on withdrawal.
4. Gastrointestinal complications: Cymbalta can cause inflammation in the lining of the stomach called gastritis which can lead to potential dangers like bleeding ulcers, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome and infection of the urinary tract. Sometimes these problems can lead to a major crisis in the urinary system of the body.
5. Psychological symptoms: Aggressive, irrational and unusual behavior can be expected of people indulged in Cymbalta. Sometimes thoughts of suicide and depression are so heavy that a patient becomes nothing short of a wreck.
Cymbalta is effective as an antidepressant, but its side effects and withdrawal symptoms can pose threat to any prospective user of the drug. For better results, consult your doctor on Cymbalta usage.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.