Birth control pills are in vogue with many women these days. With over 40 different birth control pills available in the market, women are spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing the right pill. Gynecologists generally recommend a birth control pill based on its function, purpose and side effects. Some pills work with some women, while some others cause life-threatening or adverse conditions in women. Before choosing a pill you need to find out whether or not the pill will work for you. You can seek help from support forums, online resources, your doctor or fellow women in this regard.
Yaz is a birth control pill that is hugely popular with many women. But the same pill causes some disturbing side effects in a few women.
Yaz in birth control: Yaz works just like other pills do. It stops ovulation and thickens the cervical mucus lining to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. It also makes changes in the endometrium to avoid implantation of the egg. A contraceptive containing synthetic hormones drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol, Yaz controls hormonal imbalance and treats symptoms of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), anxiety, depression, irritability, lack of concentration and from mild to moderate acne. Unlike other regular birth control pills, Yaz contains 24 active pills in a pack. This helps women have shorter, lighter and more relaxed periods.
Yaz and its cocktail of side effects: Birth control is possible with a simple small pill, but it is not possible without hiccups caused by the pill. Yaz, like every other pill, has its own set of side effects. Not all women who take Yaz are affected by these side effects, but a few women do and Yaz has the potential to cause life-threatening conditions. Below are a few side effects of Yaz you need to be aware of:
1. Weight gain: A possible side effect with many women. You cannot skip a period and still stay slim – that is the rule with some birth control pills and Yaz too conforms to this rule. Though it is not clinically proved that women put on weight while using Yaz, many have reported undesired and unexplained weight gain while on Yaz medication. When you experience such weight gain, the best way out is to report to your doctor and also take heart-healthy diet like – lean meat, fruits, vegetables, fiber-rich content, fat-free or low-fat milk, limited amount of saturated fats and alcohol.
2. Breakthrough bleeding: This is common with every other pill, but if excessive bleeding happens in between periods, report to your doctor.
3. Increase in acne: Though Yaz is supposed to be an acne regulator, sometimes it can increase acne conditions.
4. Breast pain, tenderness: Almost all women who take Yaz experience this. Breast pain, swelling or tenderness is 80% possible.
5. Decreased sex drive: Since Yaz affects the hormones in the body, it can decrease the sex drive in a woman.
6. Headaches, vaginal bleeding, discharge: When the frequency of these problems increase, it is better to inform your doctor and seek an alternative therapy.
7. Nausea, vomiting, heartburns are other less severe side effects
8. High potassium in blood, leg cramps, blood clots, swelling in feet, difficulty in breathing, pain in calves are less common complications.
9. Heart ailments: Yaz increases the risk of heart disorders in the body. Women above 35 using Yaz or those who have had a past history of kidney, liver or heart problems are prone to strokes or heart attacks.
10. Blood clotting in the eyes, depression symptoms, breast lumps, migraine headaches and vision problems are possible with Yaz.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.