Acid reflux happens to be one of the most common and most prevalent disorders among Americans. This is mainly because of the food we eat and the beverages we drink. Sometimes acid reflux is a byproduct of our stressful jobs or fast-track lifestyles. The condition is caused when excess acid produced by the stomach cells reach the esophagus, causing a burning sensation (heartburn) in an individual.
Acid reflex can lead to a series of troubles, including burning-heart sensations, stomach discomforts, nausea and pain. The pain is more if your child or baby happens to be suffering from acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD). To treat a baby is very difficult, it is all the more difficult when the demand is to treat your baby for acid reflux. This is because you need to administer the medication orally and babies throw tantrums when they are administered medications orally. This article will discuss on the benefits of using Prevacid for acid reflux with tips on how to administer the drug to your baby.
Prevacid for acid reflex: Prevacid or Lansoprazole is used in the treatment of stomach acid reduction, intestinal ulcers, erosive esophagitis and excessive stomach disorders like Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. It is highly effective in treating acid reflux and curing the damaged esophagus or erosive esophagitis. Though the drug can cause some negative reactions like nausea, diarrhea, constipation, headaches etc, on the whole it is effective and can be used for long term. Acid reflux has to be treated immediately as it can lead to critical health conditions like Zollinger-Ellison syndrome if left untreated.
How to give Prevacid to your baby: Administering a medication to a baby is not that easy. You need to have few tricks up your sleeve to do it. Here are few:
1. Consult your doctor, get medications ready: First, consult your doctor on whether Prevacid is safe for your child. If possible, get tips from your child on how to give the drug to your child orally. After this, buy the medications from your pharmacy. Your pharmacist will give you instructions on how to mix the medications with water. Follow the instructions and keep all the medications ready.
2. Prepare: Get the equipments ready for administration of the medication. Use the largest syringe possible and cut off the plastic tip. This is because if the syringe is small, white balls of the medication will clog up the syringe and you will be able to give only half of it to your baby.
3. Prepare your baby: Make your baby happy before your administer the drug. See to it that it is fully awake. Lie down the baby on a flat surface or a changing table.
4. Give the medication: Gently open your baby’s mouth and squirt the medication into the inside of the baby’s cheek. Empty the syringe all at once as your baby may not give you a second chance to medicate. Startle the baby by blowing air on to his or her face. This will stop his/her thinking for a moment and will help swallow the drug without puking it out.
5. Comfort your baby: If the baby wants to take a pacifier, allow it. The sucking reflex will help the medication go down. Keep the baby in sitting position for 30 minutes before and after meals to aid digestion.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.