Allergies can be socially embarrassing and uncomfortable to all. Not many would want to keep itching their face or hands or groin area in front of others. Itching is a disgrace to others and can be really annoying to the people in our company. Atarax is a great cure for allergies that cause itching or hives.
Atarax benefits: An antihistamine which is also an hydroxyzine, atarax relieves one of allergic conditions caused by reactions of histamines in the body. When the body releases histamines during several types of allergic reactions and viral infections like common cold, the histamines bind to receptors on cells, causing release of chemical messengers that cause sneezing, itching or mucus secretion. Antihistamines, on the other hand, bind themselves to the histamine receptors and prevent them from releasing chemical messengers. Atarax works by antihistamine effect and reduces itching or other allergic reactions.
The drug is also used in the treatment of anxiety and tension. Sometimes it is used as a sedative before administration of general anesthesia.
Atarax, without doubt, works well with regard to treatment of allergic conditions. But there are a few things you need to note before taking Atarax:
1. Precautions before taking Atarax: Do not use the drug if you are allergic to hydroxyzine or if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant. Consult with your doctor if you are breastfeeding. Other than that, do not take the drug if you have disorders like epilepsy, seizures, glaucoma, stomach ulcers, thyroid disorders, liver diseases, kidney disorders, heart ailments or high blood pressure.
2. Atarax dosage: Follow your doctor verbatim. Larger amounts of drug are not recommended. Such an improper intake can lead to further allergic conditions. Take the drug with a full glass of water. Follow directions on the label in case of any doubts. If you miss a dose, take it immediately. If the time for the next tablet is near, avoid two doses. Overdose can cause severe conditions. If overdosage happens, seek immediate emergency attention.
3. Avoid high-alert activities: Do not indulge in activities that require you to be on high alert. This is because Atarax can impair your thinking and cause drowsiness as a side effect. If you engage in activities that require thinking, avoid them. Also, avoid alcohol as it can aggravate the drowsiness effect of atarax.
4. Side effects: Atarax is taken for allergic reactions, but if it causes or aggravates the allergies in you, seek medical attention immediately. Some serious side effects of the drug are hives, swelling of your face, lips or tongue, difficulty in breathing, twitches, tremors, confusion or dazed state of mind, seizures etc. Other less severe side effects include drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision and headache.
5. Dry mouth or Xerostomia: Dry mouth or cotton mouth is one the most common side effects of the drug. You can alleviate the dryness by hydrating yourself frequently. This condition is caused by the drug’s anticholinergic properties.
6. Short term usage: Take atarax only for the prescribed time. The drug should not be taken continuously for more than 4 months. Since it is an antihistamine, it can cause life-threatening situations if taken for a long period. Hence, consult your physician for the dosage duration for the drug.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.