Genital warts are not just a sign of unhealthy sexual life, but also a sexually-transmitted infection that can become cancerous if untreated. Warts in the genitals occur due to unprotected vaginal or oral sex. Intercourse with sexually unhealthy partners or people with genital warts can also be another cause. Doctors suggest two ways to remove warts – carcinogenic warts can be removed only through surgery, while non-carcinogenic warts can be treated with Aldara cream.
Warts are normally caused by a virus called Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) which is transmitted sexually, from one individual to another. Any sexually active individual is at the risk of concurring warts. The ones who are at high risk are – a person who has sex with more than one partner or has unprotected sex or has sexual intercourse at a very early age or has an unhealthy partner or who has had abnormal pap smear. Aldara cream is an affordable and effective treatment for curing warts in the genital and peri-anal regions. Since Aldara cream is a prescription medication, it can be taken only after consultation with a doctor. You can buy the cream from many online pharmacies. However, you need to know a few facts before using the cream:
1. What is Aldara? Why is it prescribed? Aldara is a patient-applied cream that is prescribed for the treatment of ano-genital warts (external genital and peri-anal warts). It’s generic name is Imiquimodis.
2. How does Aldara work? Aldara is does not have antiviral properties, but it induces the human immune system to work against the HPV. It induces the body via the induction of cytokines like alpha-interferon.
3. What is the right dosage for Aldara? The golden rule is – always follow your doctor’s instructions. If you are taking the prescription after online consultation, it is better to use dosage that is prescribed on the medication. Average dosage would be – apply the cream twice daily for three days a week. If there are no changes in the warts, continue the same for about 2 to 7 weeks as instructed by the physician.
4. How to apply Aldara? Wash your hands clean before application. Take a thin layer of the cream (0.5 gel) and apply on the wart by hand or using an applicator. Let it stay for the time instructed and then wash it off completely.
5. How/when not to apply Aldara? Aldara cream is used to cure genital warts which is connected to STDs. So, do not engage in any sexual activity after application of the cream. If you want to, wash the cream off completely before sex. For the maximum benefit, avoid sexual (genital, anal or oral) contact with any individual.
6. How long does it take to cure? Aldara works according to the severity of the warts and the physiological and sexual life of an individual. Usually, the minimum time for total clearance for females is 2 weeks, while for males it is 4 weeks.
There are many do’s and don’ts while using Aldara. Here are a few:
7. Do not use Aldara if you are pregnant or breastfeeding: If it is required, seek advice from a gynecologist. This applies to those who want to have children too.
8. Do not cover warts with bandages: This is a must as this can decrease the activity of the cream.
9. Do not use more than the recommended dosage: Unless your doctor instructs to do so, follow this instruction strictly.
10. Don’t rely on condoms: Yes, Aldara is said to reduce the effect of condoms and diaphragms, so wash the cream off before having sex.
11. Don’t share your cream with anyone: This is a MUST, because you can contract their diseases and they yours, if you share the same cream. Keep your Aldara cream for your use only.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.