Allergies are common among Americans. Around 60 million people get sick every year due to seasonal allergies. It is found out that almost one in every five adults or children is allergic. Dust and environmental allergies are pretty common. About 10 million suffer from cats and pets allergy, while over 2 million are allergic to insects. Allegra or Fexofenadine is a antihistamine drug that is commonly used for treatment of allergy.
Allegra is normally used to relieve symptoms of seasonal allergies like stuffy nose, red and itchy eyes, sneezing and throat irritations. The drug works against the natural histamine in the body and prevents further occurrence of symptoms like nasal congestion, rhinorrhea, itchy palates etc. Though Allegra is available in most of the online pharmacies, you need to take it with caution as it can lead to some side-effects or further allergies. Here are a few things you need to ask your doctor before buying Allegra online:
1. With food or without food: Consult your doctor on whether you need to take the medicine before food or after food. Some say that it is better if Allegra is taken 1 to 2 hours before food, on an empty stomach, twice daily. Anyhow, the best way is to consult your doctor. 2. Dosage: Ask your doctor for the dosage you need to take to cure your allergies. Often, doctors recommend Allegra twice a day. They also advice that the medicine should not be taken with a high fat meal as it would result in a slower and less-effective response from the body.
3. Antacids and Allegra: Taking Allegra with antacids can be risky. Especially, avoid antacids containing aluminum or magnesium within 2 hours of taking Allegra or within 14 days of stopping an MOA inhibitor. If you are required to take antacids, seek your doctor’s advice.
4. Consider your medical history: If you are one who has a medical history of allergies, kidney problems, prostrate gland problems, heart diseases, thyroid ailments, blood pressure, glaucoma or other chronic conditions, inform the online doctor or your regular physician on these before buying your prescriptions.
5. Taking any prescription or over the counter drugs? Inform that to your online pharmacist or doctor before buying your medication. This is because several drugs tend to turn harmful when taken with other medications. You may need to stop them or reduce their dosage while taking Allegra. So, check with your doctor on that.
6. Pregnant or breastfeeding mothers: It is advised that pregnant or breastfeeding women should not take Allegra as it can cause side-effects in their immuno-suppressed condition. However, if you need to really take Allegra to alleviate yourself of the symptoms, better to consult your gynecologist or your regular physician or one who knows your medical history.
7. Be prepared for the side effects: Every drug has some side effect or the other. You can ask your online doctor or check with the online pharmacy’s medical information to know the possible side effects. Some of the moderate side effects of Allegra include insomnia, headaches, cold symptoms, nausea and stomach upsets. A little overdose could result in rapid breathing, nervousness, hallucinations or faster heartbeats. If you feel you are out of control, contact the local poison control center or hospital immediately.
PLEASE NOTE : OnlinePharmacyForum.Com recommends personal consultation with a doctor. The dangers in buying medications online include the online drugstore selling counterfeit, expired or contaminated medications to you. Sometimes the drugs that you receive may have been prepared by unethical means or using unusual substances. This is why you should buy drugs from a licensed and FDA-approved pharmacy; after consulting with a doctor and getting a valid prescription.